Monday, July 27, 2009

White River Junction

I had today off so I decided to take a bike ride to White River Junction, a small town in Vermont where the Amtrak stopped on the way here. I thought it had a cool name, and it looked cute driving through so I've been meaning to go explore it at some point. It was around 17 miles there and back, it was a pretty good ride except part of it was on the highway through another city with no shoulder or bike lane, so it was a little scary, though I suppose not too much worse than DC sometimes. It felt really good getting back. I wondered around the town a little then got something to eat in this cute cafe by the railroad station before heading back.
Turner's cafe


At one point I walked past three 17 or18 year old girls. One whistled at me as I went by, and when I looked back yelled "syke!" I was not quite expecting that. Otherwise nothing too interesting happened, but it was pretty, and right by the river and railroads, both things I quite like.

1 comment:

  1. I love your little chicks!! and the whole layout, nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete