Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Meadowstone Farm


Monday night I took the bus to Littleton, NH to start my third farm of the summer. On the way there I passed with a sign that said "Real Food!" I'm not sure what it means that a diner has to advertise that it serves "real" food... (shitty picture I know, but it was from a bus)

Anyway, so so far it is pretty fuckin' awesome: this is what I was looking for when I signed up for WWOOF. They run a CSA and a farm stand, and go to farmer's markets on the weekends, which is cool cause I had wanted to get experience with a for-profit farm. They have chickens, 4 day old chicks, piglets, and goats, which are all incredibly adorable animals, I cannot get enough. The pigs zoom away every time you start to get close to them, but the goats are really friendly and come up to the fence and let you pet them. I managed to get a picture when they were distracted by food

!!!! There are probably 70 of them

The only downside is multiple roosters who start making noise at 4:30 am.
There is also a cute farm boy and everyone else seems pretty cool, so I'm excited. Last night after work I wondered around the farm with one of the workers, taking pictures and eating blue berries and raspberries. It's a good start to the month.

3 comments:

  1. So cuuute!!!! Glad your farm is what you wanted it to be. You should so hook up with the "fom-boy?" and then push him down a hill.
    haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I totally should (except he has a gf :( ) When I mentioned him to my parents they asked if he says "as you wish"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You should start ordering him around: "Fetch me that pail!" and see if he plays along :D

    ReplyDelete