Monday, March 1, 2010

Back in Ireland

Hello again! I've been gone for awhile since I was back in Tucson for ever four months but I am back on a farm again! In Ireland!
I got here Friday morning and spent the weekend in Galway, then headed down to Ballingarry in Co. Limerick. Even though Ireland never gets warm ever, its winters generally aren't too cold. This year turns out to be an exception to that; a couple months ago it got down to like 5 degrees. The day I got to the farm it was 28 and the woman's car had frozen so a neighbor had to pick me up. We(the other 2 WWOOFers and I) got to spend the rest of that day painting inside, but Tuesday we went outside to attempt to dig up frozen soil and spread manure. Then is snowed!!




It cleared up a good bit later in the week so we were able to harvest willow and help make a willw fence, and it was mostly sunny for the Farmer's Market in Limerick on Saturday:
Harvested willow branches

Edith and Alanna working on a willow house

Making jam for the Saturday market in Limerick. Apple, cinnamon and chili jelly here

2 comments:

  1. Good seeing a blog update from you!

    That farm looks really great. Hope you enjoy it there... what a lifestyle. Living your dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad I checked this! I second Crystal! Hope all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete